Female patients who are seeking a diagnosis will undergo a series of tests during their initial visits. Together, they will paint a clearer picture of their fertility health. The tests are performed during specific times during a menstrual cycle.
Once the work-up has been completed; you will consult with Dr. Russell to review your test results and discuss a treatment plan. We encourage the patient and partner to attend this appointment.
- Cycle Days 2-3 – The testing begins with an evaluation of your ovarian reserve.
- Cycle Days 3-9 – Fasting lab work will be performed at a laboratory outside of DIRM. This is a comprehensive panel, including infectious disease testing.
- Cycle days 5-12 – An office hysteroscopy and SonoHysterosalpingogram (sonoHSG) will be performed to check for any uterine cavity and fallopian tube abnormalities, such as polyps, fibroids, endometritis and tubal blockage.
- Cycle Days 12-16 – We will closely monitor ovulation and time intercourse, if applicable.
- Cycle Days 16-25 – progesterone levels will be monitored, via lab work, during your luteal phase.
- Cycle Days 26-28 – An endometrial biopsy takes place 10-12 days after ovulation to confirm adequate preparation for implantation.
DIRM is truly a place where dreams, through science, become reality.